I’m tired of hearing people say how they don’t have a website that they like, and brings in results in the form of leads, sales and clients, because they’re not “techie.”
The foundational pieces of building an awesome website (on time and on budget no less) have very little to do with the ever-changing beast called “technology.”
Here are the 3 things you really need for a website that works day-in-day-out:
- A sound strategy that aligns with YOU
- A seamless user experience (including visual design) that reflects your brand personality and supports your business goal
- Kick-butt copy that connects, resonates and converts
And here’re the 4 steps to get there:
- Gain clarity about your business, message and niche
- Translate #1 into powerful marketing communication
- Arrange them into a clear structure and hierarchy on your website
- Craft a user experience to reflect your brand personality and business goal (tip: use this as a guide to choose your tools – you’ll be 10x more discerning and won’t waste time and money on bright shiny objects.)
Yep, that’s it. Keep it simple, sunshine!
Clarity is paramount. If you don’t have clarity, you’d be blowing your timeline and budget on unnecessary revisions that not only burn a hole in your wallet, but also turn you into a “client from hell” in the eyes of your web guy.
After spending 10 years managing million-dollar website projects, and being the geek that I am, I’ve written quite a bit on the topic of website – covering it from some unexpected Intuitive-Brainiac perspectives you’ve probably haven’t read anywhere else:
Website design and development is a personal growth exercise in disguise:
- Why Website Redesign Is Scaring the Crap Out Of Me
- How To Master Your Website Even If You Are Not “Tech-ie”
What’s really preventing you from writing clear and concise copy may surprise you:
- Shut Up! It’s Your FOMO Talking
- Why Those Lists of “77 Blog Posts Ideas” Maybe Hurting Your Content Marketing… and What To Write Instead
In fact, maybe what you need right now is not a fancy website:
Copywriting with Soul? You bet.
Here’re the best of the best:
- Honest Marketing :: The Key to Connect, Resonate and Convert
- 10 Sales Page Elements That Goes Beyond “Features & Benefits” to Focus on Connection
- This ONE Thing Helps You Sell With Zero Manipulation
- 6 Questions Reveal Why You’ve All the Templates, Checklists & Plug-ins, yet your website is till not making sales and getting clients “as advertised.”
Like all good website content, it’s time for a call-to-action.
I’ve probably put too many links (aka CTAs) in the content above that might distract you from the CTA below. But what the heck, those articles are good stuff and unless you know how I roll there’s no point getting you to act on the CTA anyway.
If you are still here…
… and want my brain juice to strategize, structure and WRITE for your website…
If you need a loving kick in the butt and my copywriting fairy dust to finally rescue your online presence from a sea of sameness in a way that’s not just “LOOK AT ME I’M WEARING MY UNDERPANTS ON MY HEAD” kind of fluff. ^^
GET IN TOUCH and we’ll have a chat to see what awesomeness we can make together.
(The way I do copywriting is very involved. I get into your head and your audience’s heads to come up with content that truly resonates. No cookie-cutter and it’s specific to the point where it can get creepy. As such, I’ve to limit the number of clients I work with at one time to keep me from turning schizo. The sooner we get you hooked up, the faster you get your copy done and done.)
This post is originally published on business-soulwork.com
Ling is an Intuitive Brainiac. Through her unique blend of Business + Marketing coaching with a Mindset + Psychic Twist, she helps the multi-talented and multi-passionate maverick solo-entrepreneurs distill ALL their big ideas into ONE cohesive Message, nail the WORDS that sell and design a Plan to cut the busywork and do what matters, through her intuitive yet rigorous iterative process born out of her Harvard Design School training and 10 years of experience in the online marketing industry.
Ling helps her clients optimize the space between individuality + originality vs. “tried-and-true” marketing so they can express their WHY unapologetically and profitably without reinventing the wheel.
Find Ling and grab her free “How to Find YOUR Winning Formula” Training Series here.